The K9 Hero Portrait Project
Custom Painting Raffle
PayPal ticket purchase click Add to Cart button below. Mailing address is below for those who prefer to purchase by check.
All proceeds benefit
The K9 Hero Portrait Project, Inc.,
137 Hyview Road, Stillwater, PA 17878
1. SPONSOR - The K9 Hero Portrait Project, Inc., a Pennsylvania 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation, is the sole sponsor of this raffle ("the Raffle"). The purpose of this raffle is to raise funds is to cover travel costs for presenting upcoming fallen k9 hero portrait presentations; for the operation of painting k9 hero portraits of one or more k9 heroes who have waited over two years to be painted due to lack of sponsorship ('the Queue"), and related activities.
2. ELIGIBILITY - Any person 18 years of age or older, residing where the Raffle is not prohibited and in the U.S. Only, may purchase a ticket ("Ticket") to be entered in the Raffle (such person shall be herein known as the "Ticket Holder") An affidavit of eligibility may be required from Ticket Holders who win the custom portrait prize.
3. RULES - by purchasing a Ticket, each Ticket Holder accepts and agrees to be bound by all the rules, limitations, conditions, and restrictions set forth herein (the "Rules"), as well as all applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations. The K9 Hero Portrait Project Board of Directors decisions in all matters concerning the Raffle and its interpretation and application of the Rules shall be final. The Raffle is void where prohibited by law.
4. Modification or Cancellation of Raffle or Rules - the K9HPP reserves the right to cancel or modify the Raffle and to change or modify the Rules in its sole discretion.
5. RELEASES - By purchasing a Ticket, each Ticket Holder releases the K9HPP, its directors and board members from any and all liability with respect to the raffle, including, but not limited to the selection process and interpretation and application of the Rules, and from any and all liability for injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of the prize, and each Ticket Holder agrees to indemnify and hold the K9HPP harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the winner’s acceptance or use of the prize. Each Ticket Holder agrees that his name, likeness, and any statements made by him regarding the prize may be disclosed to, and used by, the news media and may otherwise by used by the K9HPP for advertising or publicity purposes without compensation, and name to be published in area newspapers and other media, if applicable.
6. Tickets. The cost to purchase a Ticket for the Raffle is $5.00 each (U.S. Funds only). A maximum of 500 Tickets will be printed and sold. Each Ticket has one number. Any eligible person may purchase more than one Ticket. Odds of winning depend on the number of valid Tickets sold. Tickets will not be sold after 11:00 a.m., Thursday, October 4th.. All tickets will be mailed to the Ticket Holder. Any unsold tickets become the property of K9HPP. The IRS has taken the position that amounts paid for chances in raffles, lotteries, or similar drawings for valuable prizes are not gifts, and consequently do not qualify as deductible charitable contributions. A Ticket is not valid and shall not be entered in the Raffle until full and satisfactory payment for such Ticket is received by K9HPP.
7. Failure of Payment. If a Ticket Holder’s payment by credit card through PayPal is declined or check is dishonored by the bank for any reason, such Ticket Holder’s Ticket shall be invalid and will not be entered in the drawing, unless full and satisfactory payment is made by 11:00 a.m., Thursday, October 4th, 2018. K9HPP will endeavor to notify the invalidated Ticket Holder by mail at the address provided; however, any failure to do so shall not cause the Ticket to become valid, cause the Ticket to be entered in the Raffle, or give rise to any claim or cause of action on behalf of the invalidated Ticket Holder.
8. Raffle Drawing. The Raffle Drawing shall take place on October 5, 2018 at 8 pm during a Facebook live feed on the K9HPP page at https://www.facebook.com/k9hpp. Winning ticket will be drawn manually in front of the camera. If the Raffle is not held, all money will be returned to the Ticket Holders. There is no substitution of prizes. TICKET HOLDERS NEED NOT BE PRESENT TO WIN.
9. Claiming the Prize. Winning Ticket Holder will be notified by mail at the address provided. The prize must be claimed/painted within 365 days from date of drawing. Failure to claim a prize within 365 days, as provided herein, shall void the winning Ticket Holder’s Ticket and result in an automatic forfeiture of the right to receive such prize. The name of the winner will be listed on the K9HPP Facebook page and online at www.k9heroportraitproject.org. Ticket Holders may request the name of the winner, by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to The K9 Hero Portrait Project, 137 Hyview Road, Stillwater, PA 17878.
10. Obligations of Winning Ticket Holder. Except as otherwise provided herein, the Ticket Holder who wins the prize is responsible for all costs associated with this prize, including, but not limited to, registration, licensing, applicable fees, as well as all local, state, and federal taxes that may be applicable. Per IRS Prizes valued at $5,000.00 or more require payment of Federal Taxes prior to taking receipt of the prize. Ticket Holders are advised to consult with a tax advisor to determine any tax liabilities. Since the custom portrait is not valued at or more than $5,000 winning Ticket Holder is not required to provide K9HPP with valid identification and a valid social security number.
11. PRIZE - the winning Ticket Holder's prize will be one (1) 24" by 24", 1 1/2" deep custom portrait of their pet (single subject). Basic background colors, patriotic flag (like the K9 Heroes), or favorite sports team colors for the custom portrait may be requested. Time allotted in actual "paint time" for prize is one-hundred twenty five (125) hours. Reference photo of pet must be of high-quality, minimum of 150 dpi and taken in natural light. Winning Ticket Holder must have a signed release form from photographer of final chosen reference photo to allow reproduction of said photo. Artist, Loreen Pantaleone, reserves the right to refuse reference photos deemed blurry and unacceptable to be used as reference. Winning Ticket Holder will work directly with Artist Loreen Pantaleone each step of the painting process. No revisions of the portrait will be allowed once each step has been "approved". Approval of each step will consist of Artist sending correspondence with emailed pictures showing the canvas work-in-progress. Artist will not work additional hours until preceding correspondence has been approved. When portrait has received final approval at completion, will be shipped directly to the winning Ticket Holder's residence. All state and local tax forms and reporting will be up to the winning Ticket Holder. EXPECTED TIME-LINE OF COMPLETION OF WINNING PRIZE IS SPRING 2019